Can-Am® is a registered trademark of BRP.
- YEAR: 2015 - 2017
- MAKE: Can- Am
- MODEL: Maverick Turbo, X DS Turbo, X RS Turbo, Max Turbo, Max X DS Turbo, Max X RS Turbo
- ENGINE: Rotax 1000R Turbocharged V-Twin
- 2.5mm, 4mm, 5mm Hex Key
- 7mm, 10mm Wrench/Socket
- 5/16 Nut Driver
- T30 Torx
- Wire Stripper
- Phillips Screwdriver, Flat Blade Screwdriver, Razor Blade, and Wire Cutters
Note: Approximate Install Time: 2 Hr 00 Mins.
Before you Start
• Please read the entire installation manual before proceeding.
• Ensure all components listed on page 10 are present.
• If you are missing any of the components, call our customer support at (909) 947-0015.
• Do not work on the vehicle while the engine is hot.
• Make sure the engine is turned off, the vehicle is in Park and the Parking Brake is set.
THREAD LOCKER USE
We have provided a small tube of thread locker in your kit. Whenever you see the symbol above on a step of the instructions, apply 1 small drop of the thread locker to the threads of the screws or bolts. This will keep your hardware from vibrating loose during rough driving. If the hardware ever needs to be removed, do so slowly to avoid having the inserts strip out from the plastic.
THIS EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE INSTALLED, ADJUSTED, AND SERVICED BY PERSONNEL FAMILIAR WITH THE CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF THIS TYPE OF EQUIPMENT AND THE HAZARDS INVOLVED. FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS PRECAUTION COULD RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY. READ THIS MANUAL THOROUGHLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURES BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO OPERATE THIS EQUIPMENT. THE PURPOSE OF THIS MANUAL IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION NECESSARY TO SAFELY OPERATE, MAINTAIN, AND TROUBLESHOOT THIS EQUIPMENT. DO NOT USE THIS EQUIPMENT FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN ITS INTENDED PURPOSE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY. KEEP THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MANUAL IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Product will intake and expel both air and loose materials with high force and velocity.
• Install the product on the roll cage, so air inlet is not blocked.
• Do not place face, hair, extremities, clothing, or other loose material in front of air inlet or outlet during use.
• Install product securely to roll cage and avoid placing hair, extremities, clothing, or other loose material in front of air inlet during use.
Moving parts are sharp and could cause personal injury.
• Keep fan safety guard and exhaust cover in place while operating and after service.
• Disconnect the product from the power source before servicing.
Scavenge Fan is designed for use in conjunction with an UTV’s operating manual, and state and federal law.
• Keep your seat belt fastened and wear a helmet while operating the vehicle.
Risk of electric shock!
• Improper installation, maintenance or operation could cause serious injury or property damage.