Up The Flow
The Banks Ram-Air intake system ditches the traditional restrictive flat paper filter and baffled stock intake tube with a high flow conical element with a smooth flowing intake duct that is easy to maintain. Having the filter fully enclosed not only keeps power-robbing engine heat away, but it also prevents dirt and dust from clogging the filter prematurely, this is a Jeep after all so you're going to get dirty every once and a while.
Up The Velocity
The Ram-Air's smooth tapered design maximizes airflow by eliminating restrictions, resonators, and the plastic induction muffler in the OEM intake tract. Its smooth tapered shape directs cool dry air at a higher velocity into the engine. This is possible thanks to its large oval-shaped 6.5" x 4.8" opening. Cold dry air, is denser air, and air density makes power. With its oversized filter element, smooth intake track, and large 3" outlet, you can extract extra power and sound out of your Jeep, safely and reliably.
Beat The Heat
Banks temperature resistant Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) airbox rejects heat soak better than aluminum or the restrictive OEM design which can trap heat in pockets. Heat robs power, and the Banks Ram-Air design keeps heat out by acting as a barrier between your hot engine bay and your intake system, while simultaneously ramming more air into your engine.
Keep It Clean
Available both as an oiled or dry filter variation, the Banks Big-Ass Filter offers 627 square inches of filtering surface area and flows 82% more CFM than stock. This massive surface area extends the duration between filter cleanings. The Banks filter continues to flow long after smaller competitive filters clog with dirt and debris.
- Up The Velocity: CFD tested for the highest Air Density improvements and an intoxicating sound
- Up The Flow: Ram-Air design removes all OEM restrictions out flowing competitors by 40%
- Beat The Heat: Heat Resistant XLPE plastic keeps insulates heat away from the intake air
- Keep It Clean: Massive Filter resists clogs from debris while maintaining the highest flow
Emissions Compliant: D-161-145
- Huge change in induction growl
- Big-Ass™ filter offers 627 square inches of filtration (PN:41848)
- Massive increase of filter flow area vs stock and the competition
- Removes the highly restrictive OEM intake plastic muffler
- Directs cool dry outside air into the engine
- Filter offers 82% CFM gain over stock
- Large tapered intake track maximizes air velocity
- Greater dirt holding capacity
- Higher air density vs stock
- Heat resistant XLPE reduces heat soak
This design allows for a massive increase in filter-to-intake diameter, allowing more air into the intake track and ramming it down towards the turbo inlet. The system also removes the factory plastic turbo inlet reducer, further freeing up the airflow.