Banks Techni-Cooler Intercooler system includes mandrel-bent 3" high-flow boost tubes ... large, high-efficiency all-aluminum end tanks instead of the wimpy stock plastic ones that can rupture under high-boost conditions ... a high-flow inlet that distributes air evenly across the intercooler for an 18% increase in flow and more effective cooling ... a wide-open outlet ... and a thicker core area with impressive volume. Because the stock manifold inlet in early '99 Power Strokes flows more air to one side of the cylinder bank than to the other, Banks developed an innovative Twin-Ram manifold inlet assembly that flows air equally to both sides of the engine for smooth, even power delivery.
Note: Twin-Ram is available for 1999 & 1999-1/2 (early) models only (not required for late '99 & later vehicles). Fits Trucks Built In 1998 with no catalytic converter from factory.
- Wide-open inlet and outlet provides 18% increase in flow
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG & constant-duty power
- Improves Power, Durability & Fuel Economy
- Mandrel-bent 3 inch high-flow boost tubes
- Aluminum end tanks won't burst like stock
- Thicker core area with impressive volume
- Packs cool, dense air into the cylinders
- Dramatically increases air density
- Reduces boost pressure loss
- Twin-Ram flows air equally
- Lowers exhaust gas temps
- Maximizes Boost Air
- 2-year Warranty
Emissions Compliant: D-161-82
Twin-Ram manifold inlet assembly
Techni-Cooler provides the maximum reduction in boost air temperature with a minimal loss of boost pressure. Cooling the air makes it denser and more oxygen rich, improving combustion and engine efficiency. Result: higher continuous power and more power at any exhaust gas temp (EGT), better fuel economy and lower EGTs. What could be cooler than that? Mounting hardware included.