Banks Intercooler addresses a serious shortcoming of stock 1994-1997 Power Strokes: they have no intercooler.
Banks Intercooler system includes mandrel-bent 3" high-flow boost tubes ... large, high-efficiency all-aluminum end tanks ... a wide-open inlet and outlet ... and a thick core area with impressive volume. And because the stock manifold inlet flows more air to one side of the cylinder bank than the other, Banks developed an innovative Twin-Ram manifold inlet assembly that flows air evenly to both sides for smooth, even power delivery. Large boost tubes, thick core area, wide-open inlet/outlet, big aluminum end tanks and Twin-Ram intake manifold flow more cool, dense air for high continuous power.
Techni-Cooler provides the maximum reduction in boost air temperature with a minimal loss of boost pressure. Your engine now gets a continual supply of cool, dense, oxygen-rich air, which improves combustion as well as engine efficiency. Result: higher continuous power and more power at any EGT, better fuel economy and lower EGTs. That's a truckload of benefits! It doesn't get any cooler than Techni-Cooler! Mounting hardware included.
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Large, high-efficiency all-aluminum end tanks
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG & constant-duty power
- Twin-Ram intake manifold flows air evenly
- Improves Power, Durability & Fuel Economy
- Mandrel-bent 3 inch high-flow boost tubes
- Thick core area with impressive volume
- Packs cool, dense air into the cylinders
- All aluminum (not plastic!) end tanks
- Lower restriction for superior flow
- Dramatically increases air density
- 18% increase in flow volume
- Reduces boost pressure loss
- Wide-open inlet and outlet
- Lowers exhaust gas temps
- Maximizes Boost Air
- 2-year Warranty
Emissions Compliant: D-161-82
The stock inlet is replaced by the Banks Twin-Ram, for improved airflow (and therefore power!)
Twin-Ram manifold inlet assembly