Techni-Cooler dramatically increases the cooling capacity by balancing the richer fuel mixture with greater airflow and cooler, denser air. Denser air has more oxygen, which improves combustion as well as engine efficiency. Result: higher continuous power and more power at any exhaust gas temp (EGT), better fuel economy and lower EGTs. That's a truckload of benefits! Banks Techni-Cooler delivers the maximum reduction in boost air temperature with a minimal loss of boost pressure. It doesn't get any cooler than Techni-Cooler!
Banks Intercooler for the 6.4L Power Stroke produces quicker throttle response, higher continuous power at any exhaust gas temperature, better economy and a more reliable rig. It's the best aftermarket improvement you can make, especially if you climb steep hills or do heavy-duty towing.
- Improves Power, Durability & Fuel Economy
- Dramatically increases air density
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG & constant-duty power
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Wide-open inlet and outlet
- Reduces boost pressure loss
- Maximizes Boost Air
- Lowers exhaust gas temps
- Packs cool, dense air into the cylinders
- Lower restriction for superior flow
- 2-year Warranty
- Big aluminum end tanks won't burst like the plastic stock ones.
- Quicker throttle response
- 14% more flow without starving the airflow to the radiator!
Emissions Compliant: D-161-90
A lot of guys claim their intercoolers are the best. But do they have the guts to test their product against its toughest rival? Banks has. We discovered that no other product delivers charge air power like our newest Techni-Cooler does in all three of these critical areas.
1. Boost gain over stock. If an aftermarket intercooler can't deliver a boost increase over the stock unit, there's no point in taking it out of the box. Techni-Cooler delivered over 1/2 pound more boost!
2. Air density increase. It's Mechanical Engineering 101. Cold, dense intake air means more oxygen and lower EGT's. It improves economy and unlocks your fuel's power making ability. Techni-Cooler delivered over 5% more air density!
3. Improved airflow through to the radiator. Super-thick intercoolers block vital airflow to the vehicle radiator, resulting in high temps that cause the ECM to cut back fuel, leaving you with de-rated power and heat-related breakdowns. Techni-Cooler delivered over 14% more flow without starving the airflow to the radiator!
That's what you call a win-win-win situation. Banks 6.4L Power Stroke Techni-Cooler is the only unit that's been tested and proven to beat the competition on all three counts.
Banks Techni-Cooler for the 6.4L Power Stroke produces quicker throttle response, higher continuous power at any exhaust gas temperature, better economy and a more reliable rig. It's the best aftermarket improvement you can make, especially if you climb steep hills or do heavy-duty towing.
It's easy to see how Banks Techni-Cooler (center) does the optimum job of cooling incoming boosted air without losing pressure or starving radiator airflow when compared to another aftermarket intercooler (bottom) and the stock unit (top).
The crude bar-and-plate cores used by the competition impede flow to the radiator due to sloppy aerodynamics.
CFD designed, rugged cast aluminum end tanks ensure durability and slick airflow. The same can't be said for welded-up sheet tanks. Air doesn't flow well with square corners, and the welds break at high boost when performance is needed the most.