- 1 second faster 0-60 time!
- Adds up to 57 hp and 73 lb-ft
- 4.3 truck length lead in in the 1/4 mile
- Each level adds approximately 10hp each
- Tune works seamlessly while in cruise-control
- AutoRate tunes in realtime using vehicle diagnostics
- 6 power levels can be changed on-the-fly with the iDash
- Warranty safe: no reflash required and no traces left in ECM
- Interfaces with OBD-II Port to communicate with the vehicle
- Experience huge torque and horsepower gains for tow and fun
- Simple plug-and-play install with easy removal for dealer service
- Display DPF regen status and DEF level
- TransCommand protects transmission
- ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
- Supplied SD card stores hundreds of hours of datalogs
- DataMonster logs up to 20 min/max value custom alerts
- iDash displays 5 custom pages of 2-8 gauges per page
- Update Derringer firmware through iDash microSD card
- View data logs on iDash or transfer to computer for analysis
- iDash shows real-time bar graph of Derringers's added power
- iDash displays temps, pressures, speeds, info your dashboard won't
- iDash displays selectable alerts for speed, coolant temp, trans slip, etc
Emissions Compliant: 49 State
US Patent # 7,593,808 & # 7,254,477
AutoRate® Dynamic Tuning
The Derringer calibration is continuously adjusting to provide peak performance under every driving condition. By utilizing the power of the OBD-II data, the tuner intelligently fine-tunes its calibration on the fly without you having to change its power level.
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) - Monitors EGT and intelligently modulates fueling to maintain a safe maximum EGT, protecting your turbo and engine.
- Altitude compensation - Senses ambient air pressure, controlling the turbocharger to maintain added boost and power as altitude increases.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regen - Monitors your DPF regen status to ensure the process completes successfully.
- Accelerator Pedal Monitoring – Rolls in additional power progressively, optimizing for both part-throttle fuel economy and max power when you ask for it.
- Full Power Timer - Allows for 30 seconds of wide-open throttle before transitioning to the recommended power level for sustained tow/haul.
Coolant Temperature Monitoring - Maintains safe power based on coolant temp.
- During warmup, no power is added below 120° F
- Power is ramped in and fully available above 150° F
- If the coolant overheats for any reason, the Derringer starts removing its power at 230° F
- Additional power is totally removed if you exceed 240° F
TransCommand® Active Transmission Safety System
The Derringer is calibrated to modulate power during shifting while ramping up hydraulic pressure for better engagement. Competitors lack OBD-II data and always add power at wide-open throttle causing excessive transmission, clutch, and torque converter slip and damage.
- Intelligent Shift Tuning - Shift signal is optimized for the power level protecting the transmission, increasing shift speed, and avoiding ECM power derates.
- Boost and Fuel by Gear - Calibration is tuned for optimum traction and performance providing the right firmness of shift automatically.
- Tuned Hydraulic Pressure - Ramps hydraulic pressure faster than stock, maintaining engagement as power is added safely within factory limits.
- Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Monitoring - Adjusts TCC slip to safe levels, lowering fluid temperature, and preventing extended wear.
Transmission Slip Monitoring - Light throttle shifts remain smooth and firm, full-throttle shifts are solid and decisive.
- This reduction in slip time also improves acceleration performance, an added benefit!