- YEAR: 2018-2019
- MAKE: Ford
- MODEL: F-150
- ENGINE: 3.0 Powerstroke
Kit may not fit with the following Aftermarket Parts installed:
- Body Lift or Lowering Kit
- Custom Hood
- Aftermarket Turbocharger
- R10 & 13mm Socket or Wrench
- Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- T20 Torx
- Utility Knife
- 5/16” Nut Driver (optional)
- Panel Popper (optional)
- Flush Diagonal Cutter (optional)
Note: Approximate Install Time: 1 Hr 00 Mins.
S&B Filter Maintenance
KF-1050 Cotton Cleanable : If the enclosed filter is RED, it came pre-oiled from the factory. Click here for exact oil amount required for cleaning.
KF-1050D Dry Extendable : If the enclosed filters is WHITE, it is a disposable filter and should be discarded once it reaches capacity. This filter does not require oil, do not wash or oil this filter.
CARB Status - PENDING
Product will be submitted to Air Resources Board for approval shortly.
*Not Legal for use in CA or other states adopting CA emissions standards.
Before You Start
- Please read the entire product guide before proceeding.
- Ensure all parts are present.
- If you are missing any of the components, call our customer support at (909) 947-0015.
- Do not work on your vehicle while the engine is hot.
- Make sure the engine is turned off and the vehicle is in Park or the Parking Brake is set.
Operation in Snow and Rain
If you are driving in heavy snowfall or extreme rain conditions, you should always check for accumulated snow and water on the air filter following your OE recommendations for driving in these conditions. The following is recommended after operating the vehicle up to 100 miles in heavy snowfall or extreme rain: At the earliest opportunity, open the hood and check the airbox and filter. If any snow has accumulated, make sure to remove the snow from the filter, box, and inlet. It is okay if the filter is a little wet. Wet filters will normally dry out on their own. If the filter is dripping wet, it should be replaced with another filter that is not wet. Do not reuse the dripping wet filter until it has naturally dried.
- After your installation is complete engage parking brake and start your engine. Listen for abnormal noises. If an air leak is detected, re-inspect hoses and connections as they may need to be repositioned and tightened
- S&B FILTERS recommends that you keep your OE intake system in the event it is required in the future.
- In order to maintain your warranty, all connections and components must be checked periodically for alignment and for proper tension on all connections. Failure to do so may void your warranty.
- Use only S&B FILTERS cleaning and oil products to service your filter. Using any other brand oil and or cleaners on your S&B air filter may void your warranty.
• Intake tube and filter connections, and intake box fasteners making sure they are tight.
• All electrical connections and wire harnesses moved during the installation of the intake and make sure they are secure and away from any hot or moving components.
• Check for any signs of abrasion or wear and tear on the intake tube, box, filter, and electrical harnesses moved or near the intake and repair/replace as necessary.
The California Air Resource Board (CARB) requires that an E.O. identification label be applied to the vehicle in order to pass a smog check inspection when a Performance Intake Kit has been installed. You must place the E.O. label provided on or near the intake kit after installation so that a smog check technician can easily verify the E.O. number. Check the status of the exemption process by looking up a specific part number at www.sbfilters.com. The CARB Exemption number and/or status is listed under the Product Details section for each part number. If the status shows as “Pending,” CARB has yet to issue an exemption. Products that have not been issued an EO number are street legal in most states, but may not be used on emission controlled vehicles in the state of California and are for off-road use only. If you purchased your kit from S&B Filters directly, we will automatically mail you your Exemption Sticker when it is issued to us. If you purchased your kit from an authorized S&B Filters Dealer, log onto our web site and register to receive your Exemption Sticker.