- YEAR: 2017 - 2019
- MAKE: Chevrolet / GMC
- MODEL: 2500 / 3500
- ENGINE: 6.6L Duramax L5P
This intake kit may not fit with the following Aftermarket Parts installed:
- Body Lift or Lowering Kit
- Custom Hood
- Throttle Body Spacer / Upgrade
- 8mm, 10mm, 13mm Wrench/Socket
- T20 Torx
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Panel Popper
Note: Approximate Install Time: 0 Hr 30 Mins.
S&B Filter Maintenance
KF-1081D Dry Extendable : If the enclosed filters is WHITE, it is a disposable filter and should be discarded once it reaches capacity. This filter does not require oil.
CARB Status - PENDING
Before You Start
- Please read the entire product guide before proceeding.
- Ensure all parts are present.
- If you are missing any of the components, call our customer support at (909) 947-0015.
- Do not work on your vehicle while the engine is hot.
- Make sure the engine is turned off and the vehicle is in Park or the Parking Brake is set.
Air Box Plug Testing
Stock air boxes are a significant contributor to poor airflow which is why S&B designs custom air boxes with secondary and/or enlarged openings. With that said, S&B recognizes the benefits of cooler air. For optimal performance, we recommend that the intake be used without the end cap except in conditions of extreme heat.
- After your installation is complete engage parking brake and start your engine. Listen for abnormal noises. If an air leak is detected, re-inspect hoses and connections as they may need to be repositioned and tightened
- S&B FILTERS recommends that you keep your OE intake system in the event it is required in the future.
- In order to maintain your warranty, all connections and components must be checked periodically for alignment and for proper tension on all connections. Failure to do so may void your warranty.
- Use only S&B FILTERS cleaning and oil products to service your filter. Using any other brand oil and or cleaners on your S&B air filter may void your warranty.
If your vehicle has a Vehicle Emission Control Information decal affixed to the factory airbox, a new replacement label must be obtained and installed in a readily visible position in the engine compartment in order to remain CARB compliant. Failure to do so will prevent the vehicle from passing a smog check. Replacement labels can be ordered from your local dealership. Regulations state that the VECI label shall not be affixed to any equipment which is easily detached from the vehicle. Label placement, under the hood on a painted surface, is recommended.