Attention:We recently discovered that some 75-5085/D kits may be missing 2 Hex Head Bolts [AI1163-00 M8-1.25x40mm]. These are used to install the S&B battery tray. Before installing, please check HP1490-01. If you only have 2 bolts then you are affected and need to call 909-947-0015. Or, if you're in a bind they can be purchased at Home Depot. Their part # is 317-706. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you.
- YEAR: 2017 - 2019
- MAKE: Ford
- MODEL: F-250 / F-350 Superduty
- ENGINE: 6.7L Powerstroke
This intake kit may not fit with the following Aftermarket Parts installed:
- Body Lift or Lowering Kit
- Custom Hood
- Throttle Body Spacer / Upgrade
- 7mm, 8mm, 10mm (Deep), 13mm Wrench/Socket
- 5/16” Nut Driver or Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Panel Popper
- Heat Gun
- T20 Torx
- Wire Cutters
Note: Approximate Install Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins.
S&B Filter Maintenance
KF-1063D Dry Extendable : If the enclosed filters is WHITE, it is a disposable filter and should be discarded once it reaches capacity. This filter does not require oil.
Foam Filter: Service and check the condition of your Foam Filter (L) every time you service your air filter. Wash it with water or gently blow it off with compressed air. If it can’t be cleaned with water or compressed air, or it is torn or damaged, please replace the foam filter.
HP1473-00 is the replacement foam kit that includes (1) Foam Filter, (1) Foam Retainer, and (3) Screws.
CARB Status - EXEMPT
CARB EO # D590-17
*Legal for use in CA and other states adopting CA emissions Standards.
Before You Start
- Please read the entire product guide before proceeding.
- Ensure all parts are present.
- If you are missing any of the components, call our customer support at (909) 947-0015.
- Do not work on your vehicle while the engine is hot.
- Make sure the engine is turned off and the vehicle is in Park or the Parking Brake is set.
- After your installation is complete engage parking brake and start your engine. Listen for abnormal noises. If an air leak is detected, re-inspect hoses and connections as they may need to be repositioned and tightened
- S&B FILTERS recommends that you keep your OE intake system in the event it is required in the future.
- In order to maintain your warranty, all connections and components must be checked periodically for alignment and for proper tension on all connections. Failure to do so may void your warranty.
- Use only S&B FILTERS cleaning and oil products to service your filter. Using any other brand oil and or cleaners on your S&B air filter may void your warranty.
If your vehicle has a Vehicle Emission Control Information decal affixed to the factory airbox, a new replacement label must be obtained and installed in a readily visible position in the engine compartment in order to remain CARB compliant. Failure to do so will prevent the vehicle from passing a smog check. Replacement labels can be ordered from your local dealership. Regulations state that the VECI label shall not be affixed to any equipment which is easily detached from the vehicle. Label placement, under the hood on a painted surface, is recommended.
Operation in Rain or Snow
If you are driving in heavy snowfall or extreme rain conditions, you should always check for accumulated snow and water on the air filter. The following is recommended after operating the vehicle up to 100 miles in heavy snowfall or extreme rain: At the earliest opportunity, open the hood and check the air box and filter. If any snow has accumulated, make sure to remove the snow from the filter, box, and inlet. It is ok if the filter is a little wet. Wet filters will normally dry out on their own. If the filter is dripping wet, it should be replaced with another filter that is not wet. Do not reuse the dripping wet filter until it has naturally dried..
Air Box Plug Testing
Stock air boxes are a significant contributor to poor airflow which is why S&B designs custom air boxes with secondary and/or enlarged openings. With that said, S&B recognizes the benefits of cooler air, so we have included a plug to seal off the opening if so desired. For optimal performance, we recommend that the intake be used without the plug except in conditions of extreme heat.
Periodically Check the Following
• Intake Tube (C) and Filter (D) connnections, Intake Box (A) fasteners, and Battery Tray (W) fasteners, making sure they are tight.
• All electrical connections and wire harnesses moved during the installation of the intake and make sure they are secure and away from any hot or moving components.
• Check for any signs of abrasion or wear and tear on the intake tube, box, filter, and electrical harnesses moved or near the intake and repair/replace as necessary.