- YEAR: 1998 - 2003
- MAKE: Ford
- MODEL: F-250 / F-350 / Excursion
- ENGINE: 7.3L Powerstroke
This intake kit may not fit with the following Aftermarket Parts installed:
- Body Lift or Lowering Kit
- Custom Hood
- Throttle Body Spacer / Upgrade
- 13mm Wrench/Socket
- 5/16”, 15/32”, & 1/2” Wrench & Socket
- 3/16” & #5 Metric Hex Key
- 5/16” Nut Driver or Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Drill and 3/4” Drill Bit (Optional)
Note: Approximate Install Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins.
S&B Filter Maintenance
KF-1059D Dry Extendable : If the enclosed filters is WHITE, it is a disposable filter and should be discarded once it reaches capacity. This filter does not require oil.
CARB Status - EXEMPT
CARB EO # D-590-D
*Legal for use in CA and other states adopting CA emissions Standards.
Before You Start
- Please read the entire product guide before proceeding.
- Ensure all parts are present.
- If you are missing any of the components, call our customer support at (909) 947-0015.
- Do not work on your vehicle while the engine is hot.
- Make sure the engine is turned off and the vehicle is in Park or the Parking Brake is set.
The California Air Resource Board (CARB) requires that an E.O. identification label be applied to the vehicle in order to pass a smog check inspection when a Performance Intake Kit has been installed. You must place the E.O. label provided on or near the intake kit after installation so that a smog check technician can easily verify the E.O. number. As of April 2009, S&B has never had a product where CARB denied an exemption request; however, the exemption process with CARB can take as long as 18 months. Check the status of the exemption process by looking up a specific part number at www.sbfilters.com. The CARB Exemption number and/or status is listed under the Product Details section for each part number. If the status shows as “Pending,” CARB has yet to issue an exemption. Products that have not been issued an EO number are street legal in most states, but may not be used on emission controlled vehicles in the state of California and are for off road use only. If you purchased your kit from S&B Filters directly, we will automatically mail you your Exemption Sticker when it is issued to us. If you purchased your kit from an authorized S&B Filters Dealer, log onto our web site and register to receive your Exemption Sticker.